Back to Top

Menu Liga Dunia

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Toure: I'm sure I'll return to Barcelona

1:56 PM

New Manchester City signing Yaya Toure has admitted he was sad to leave Barcelona but said he will return to the Catalan club one day.

City paid Barça around £27.5m for the defensive midfielder, who will reportedly become the highest-paid player in the Premier League. Nevertheless, Toure, who will link up with his brother Kolo at Eastlands, revealed the decision to leave Camp Nou was a difficult one.
"Barça is the team of my whole life. I'm sure I'll go back one day." New Manchester City signing Yaya Toure

"The decision to leave was complicated because Barça is the team of my whole life," he told radio station RAC-1. "It was a sad decision because everybody wants to come to Barça and I have had to leave, but not playing has been difficult and it wouldn't have been normal to just sit on the bench and pick up the money."
"I wanted to bring more joy to the fans, but life is like that. Barça is a great club with the best players in the world, but I have played less in this third season, which for me has been difficult."
Nevertheless, Toure hopes to return to Barcelona one day. "I don't feel that I'm away from Barça and I'm sure I'll go back one day," he said.

0 Responses to “Toure: I'm sure I'll return to Barcelona”

Post a Comment



SEO Stats powered by MyPagerank.Net