Back to Top

Menu Liga Dunia

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lyon star Michel Bastos insists he has had no contact with Real Madrid

2:36 AM

Lyon star Michel Bastos has ensured his club that he has received no contact from Real Madrid regarding a proposed transfer, but added that the Spanish giants are a ‘great club’.

Bastos, who represented Brazil during this summer’s World Cup in South Africa, was today the subject of speculation linking him with a move to the Bernabeu, with Royston Drenthe plus €12 million (£9.8m) exchanging hands.

However, L’Equipe reports that although Bastos is flattered by the interest, he has not been informed of any bids from Jose Mourinho’s side.

He stated: “People are saying things right and left, I try not to pay too much attention and it does not bother me, the only thing I want is to return to action soon.

“I do not want to know anything about this story until there is something official, and I have acknowledged it. Real Madrid would be a great club for me but they have not made any offer, and no one has called the club.”

However, Bastos made sure that he left the door open for the Spanish giants to potentially swoop for his services, adding: “I know that the leaders of Real Madrid have said that their signings are over, but you never know.

“If I leave today, tomorrow, or next year it will be because the club believes it is a good deal for them and for me. Otherwise, I will stay.”

0 Responses to “Lyon star Michel Bastos insists he has had no contact with Real Madrid”

Post a Comment



SEO Stats powered by MyPagerank.Net